With a wood-fired oven, you can easily make Neapolitan pizza at home. If you are a beginner, all you need is an easy recipe to use. It will guide you on every step to follow to ensure that your pizza comes out as delicious as possible.
One of the things that you must do when preparing Neapolitan pizza is to make the dough. Below are the ingredients you need, as well as the instructions to follow.
- Bread flour
- Sea salt
- Cool water
- Get a large bowl and put flour, yeast and salt into it. Mix using a dough whisk or wooden spoon. Add water to the mixture until the dry flour at the bowl’s bottom has become part of the dough.
- Use your hands to knead the dough until it becomes smooth.
- Use an airtight lid to cover the bowl and its contents so that the dough can rise or double. It is best to do this at room temperature for about 20 hours, but a minimum of 18 hours is still okay.
- Scrape the dough from the bowl and transfer it to a clean, floured surface. It should be sticky and have a lot of bubbles. Divide it into three or four equal sections, but it will depend on the size of Neapolitan pizza you intend to make. Form each of the four sections into balls, and then put them in four different airtight small containers. Coat the top with a little olive oil and then cover them tightly.
- Refrigerate for 24-48 hours. Remove the dough from your refrigerator about one to two hours before you want to start stretching it.
Remember that you should measure the ingredients to use depending on the size of Neapolitan pizza you are making.